Pages

Old Window turned Chalkboard Menu

Monday, April 9, 2012

Hi all!  Hope you are having a fabulous Easter!! 

We have had an amazing weekend full of sun shine, celebration and way too much chocolate :)

I also finally had time to work on an old window I had lying around...


Before...


After...

A simple spray of chalkboard paint, and sprucing up the color created a perfect place to keep the week's menu, shopping list and any other reminders that may need to be recorded.

Although this window was a cinch to makeover, I was true to form in making even the most simple a disaster! 

If you follow me on Facebook then you already saw my first window I was working on.  If you haven't seen it, you are in for a real treat!


Beautiful, isn't she!?  Yes, only I could have a drop cloth with a single window lying on it in a wide open garage and manage to trip and step right into the middle of it!  I never cease to amaze myself sometimes! 

Lucky for me, I had another window that I was able to work on, but sadly this shattered window was my favorite :(

Please don't tell me I am the only klutz out there...

This post will be featured at Mom's Fun Money this week.

I will be linking up to these Parties.

 

15 comments:

reFresh reStyle said...

Love it! I have a window in the garage and I think I'll do this!
Debbie

Amy Fountain said...

What a great way to recycle windows!

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for something to make into a chalk board for a while, seen somethings that could be what I am looking for...only have one question. Do you have to do anything special to the glass before painting it with the chalk paint? Prime? or just go? I really want to make a few boards for my house and honestly I havent done it only because I am a big yellow belly chicken!

Misty K

Brooke @ Spruce Your Nest said...

Hi Misty! Don't be chicken! It was seriously one of the easiest projects I have done. I did not use primer or anything...just sprayed the chalk paint on and that was it :-) It took less than 5 minutes...I did do two coats.

Katie said...

WOW this is awesome. I'm yearning to stumble across an old window or door. Haven't had any luck yet. Love what you did to yours!

Rachelle said...

That's a great idea! And I like the look of the menu board too. Great job!

very merry vintage style said...

So cute! I love this idea--especially with the fill-in-the-blank menu! Thanks for linking up this week on Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary

Unknown said...

Oh wow this looks great and it is a great idea. I love how you made it out of an old window. I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/04/showcase-your-talent-thursday-2.html. I hope to see you there!

Crafts a la Mode said...

Nice job. Thanks for the tute. Best wishes, Linda

Jennifer said...

Love it. I picked up some free old windows not long ago... haven't decided quite what to do with them yet.

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

What a fantastic idea this looks so good. I have a full length mirror I'm wondering what to do with, do you think the chalkboard paint would work on that to?

Balancing said...

This project turned out great! Now you can use the other window pane as a frame?? Did you use a cricut vinyl for the words or stickers?

Nathan said...

Very cool idea nice little project www.destinationdecoration.com sells similar things and you can sell your own items! We will definitely be looking into this great idea thanks!

Anonymous said...

You are not the only clutz!! I had an old window that I had a college student paint a bird in a tree with a nest on. She was so desperate for summer money I tried to help out by giving her this job. It was nearly 1 year later before she got it done. LOL I got it home and had it propped up by my closet. That same afternoon I tripped over it and shattered it. It was so beautiful and it made me sick! She called me a couple months later because she needed to borrow it for an art show. I had to break the bad news!! OH MY!! Soooo You are not the only clutz!!

Willene Fagen said...

Look what we have here, what a beautiful mess. :P Turning a window frame into a chalkboard menu is one amazing idea, Brooke! By the way, I love chocolate too! My favorite is Cadbury and M&M's. Oh my, I'm starting to crave for chocolate now!

Post a Comment

It makes my day to read your sweet comments!