I have completed a project and it feels so good :-)
I thought he might be a little nuts! How on Earth was I going to transform this into something beautiful?! The dresser was perfect for our needs and the crazy, ugly top to this thing ended up being the perfect piece for our large, blank wall. I still needed some thing to go on the top and sides of this piece though.
I found some great plates at TJ Max that I ended up using along the sides and I saw some great burlap fabric on sale at the Craft Warehouse so I decided to attempt making something for the top.
I stapled my first piece of fabric on my wood board...
Then I stapled the burlap over the top and cut an X in the middle and pinned each flap back and installed my emblem (also found at Craft Warehouse).
The emblem was actually supposed to be attached through one end with the key like thing underneath it, but I decided just to nail that below.
Here is the finished project...
It is not perfect by any means, but that is what I like about it. I was a little bummed at first when I put it on top of my wall piece because it looked way too small.
So I took this $5 rod iron circle thing from Ross :-) and stuck it up there with it...
The room feels much more complete now that this wall is full of life!