Pages

Themed or Haphazard Christmas Decorating

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

First of all, hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!  I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while (yet once again) because I was a little under the weather...

My Thanksgiving went a little something like this...Perfect time with the in-laws, wonderful food, laughs and rest...Oregon Ducks Football game...running back down from the top of the stands (after I just walked up) knowing that yes - I definitely had the stomach flu...walking out of the stadium the wrong way with 2 year old daughter in tow...walking...walking...walking....she is now sleeping...my arms are burning in pain....walking...walking...45 minutes, an hour, who knows how long after, I made it to the correct entrance...rest...rest...rest...walk back to the RV to find more sick family members...sleep all the way home on the 2 1/2 hour drive...Sunday woke up and got to DECORATING!!!

All in all, I can't complain!  I had a great time and my decorating is almost complete, which brings me to today's post...

Are you a themed decorator or a Haphazard decorator like I am? 

I have to admit while roaming blogland and Pinterest I start to feel the green eyed monster taking hold...


via

via

via
 But I realized while pulling out all my Christmas decor that my house would probably never look like any of the above because that would mean that I would have to put away so many of my favorite items and personal gifts.  Over the years I have collected random Christmas decor that I absolutely love and although my style has changed over the years, I can't seem to part with any of it.  My house is an eclectic display of Holiday decor and I like it that way.  I imagine some day this may change, but for now I will rejoice in the Christmas season with my mishmashed decor :-))

The best part about Christmas decorating is that no house looks the same.  It is so wonderful to walk into friends and families homes and look at all the lovely and unique Christmas inspirations. 

I will share pictures soon, once the gray, rainy clouds go away so I can get a decent picture - wait I live in Oregon!  I might have to share pictures next summer ha ha!

How about you?  Are you a themed decorator or Haphazard decorator?

1 comments:

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

I forgot to tell you but we were in Coos Bay for Thanksgiving! My husbands from there. I understand about gray clouds...I think we saw the sun once over the past week. :)

Post a Comment

It makes my day to read your sweet comments!