Pages

CONTENTMENT ~ My Word for 2012

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Can you believe it is really 2012!  I can't believe how fast this year flew by! 

I am not going to go down a big long list of resolutions for you...sure I plan to eat better, work out more, read my Bible more, be a better wife and mother (ok, so there is my list ;-)) but above all else this year I am going to work on my biggest struggle - being content!


Proverbs 19:23 ~ The fear of the Lord leads to life: Then one rests content, untouched by trouble. 

2011 was an extremely trying year for us with some really big struggles and changes. I am so pleased to say that looking back, we have come such a long way and God has truly blessed our hard work and perseverance.  However so many times I catch myself only looking forward and seeing what a long journey we still have in front of us, instead of focusing on how far we have come.

It is amazing to me how each day of my life I catch myself wishing I had something else.  I know how good I have it and how God has truly blessed us, but yet I still continue to envy others.  I have always done this, but I feel that it is even worse now that I have started blogging because I continually compare my home, my writing and my life to others. 

So instead of making my list of resolutions to try to stick to, I am going to remind myself each and every day to be content and my journey towards my goals. 

There will always be someone smarter than me, prettier than me, a home nicer than mine, better behaved children then mine, better clothes than mine...okay I better stop before I get depressed ha ha! 

I look forward to this year of sharing my success's and failures with you all.  I hope each one of you has a truly blessed year!

Joining Layla's Word of the Year Party!

6 comments:

Deborah Jones said...

I feel you!!!! Contentment is something I struggle with as well and I hope this year I can learn to be happy with what I have been blessed with.

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

People like you have inspired me to pick a word. Mine is optimism. Wish me luck! BTW, as a Pixie Dust follower, you are invited to pop over & enter a giveaway for an awesome clock. Good luck & thanks for reading!

Warmly, Michelle

Erin @ Chronic Christian Crafter said...

I love this honest, inspiring post...I am one of your new followers...and, I am really enjoying your blog. I am new to blogging, but understand your post...actually, I wrote one similar regarding contentment and "life lessons" on my blog at Chronic Christian Crafter recently, seems to be a constant struggle for me as well...would love for you to visit and check it out...love your focus...

Erin at http://chronicchristiancrafter.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

ok. I LOVE your verse for contentment! My word is contentment as well. It's going to be hard(i already feel like it's been harder than normal to be content!), but the journey will be so good. blessings! i'm glad i found you on TLC! :)

Jennifer Officer said...

Brooke, I jumped over here from The Lettered Cottage link. I like how you said that you were going to focus on being content and the journey toward your own goals. That's powerful. I read a great book called Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. It is a great resource about contentment that changed my walk with God. I thought you might want to check it out. I look forward to following your journey, too.

Piper said...

I haven't actually posted this as my word...but its the word that God has put in my path for about a month. I guess its time to get content with content/contentment (ok that's 2 words)

Post a Comment

It makes my day to read your sweet comments!