Pages

31 Days Towards Financial Freedom ~ Day 3 *CHANGE YOUR MINDSET*

Monday, October 3, 2011

This is probably the hardest part to actually making it to your financial goals, especially if you live in America! 

As you all know America has become a society filled with an instant gratification attitude regardless of the circumstances.  We all feel the pressure to keep up with society and we are each bent towards a specific area in which we want the "best & coolest things."  You may think some this only pertains to the person wanting the Ferrari or a Gucci purse...



 But how many of you lovely bloggy fans don't drool when you see this??


There is no difference....

I would like to think that because I believe that God is the most important thing in my life and that since I am on this planet to serve Him and give freely to others that I don't fall into this category...sadly that is not the truth.  I find myself daily noticing things that I am prideful about or completely embarrassed about.  How many of you would not think twice about driving a beater car, having no flowers in your yard for a summer, not getting your hair professionally done this year, etc? 

I am not saying that any of these desires are evil, but you need to determine just how badly you want to become financially free.  Some may choose to make this a slow process and cut back slightly, but I prefer to cut back drastically so that I can get to the point of having no financial burdens.


Dave Ramsey's theme to his entire book and philosophy is "Live like no one else today so you can live like no one else tomorrow."  If I keep this in my head as we make tough decisions to buy the beater car or live in the crummy house, then it won't be nearly as difficult.  This is only one season of life :-)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hey found your blog through a 31 day link somewhere. We are trying to live debt free,but are looking to set up a new place next summer and our big thing is should we build or buy a cheapo mobile home?will you be talking about houses? Hope I can read all your 31 day posts.

Kris said...

Amen sister, er, cousin! Love it Brookie.

Brooke @ Spruce Your Nest said...

Hi Elizabeth! I don't know exactly where this series will lead me, but I hope you will stick around to find out. If there is something that I don't answer feel free to email me and we can try to go over specifics :-)

Kris- I owe this all to you! Thanks so much for introducing me to the ways of Dave Ramsey! Love ya!

Post a Comment

It makes my day to read your sweet comments!