Pages

Outside decor - Part 2 (flooring)

Monday, August 1, 2011

We all know when it comes to a room, the flooring can make all the difference in the world, and your patio is no different.

I have found a great alternative to your traditional outdoor rug!  Look at these floor cloths made from table cloths!  How clever and cheap!  I am going to take this idea outdoors and make myself a unique and thrifty outdoor rug.  Now I am just going to be on a mission to find the perfect table cloth.

I also think this is an amazing idea for a patio floor. You can pick any stencil you want and get to painting! The best part about this is that you wouldn't need to worry about animals, weather, children, etc. ruining it. 

flickr.com

If you prefer a traditional rug to add some comfort for those little kiddos or just want some texture, there is no better time to buy than now, clearance time!   Pier 1 is have a clearance sale on their outdoor furniture & accessories, as are most of the big box stores.

Since we moved in the middle of summer and I have not finished my patio to my liking, I am going to spend the end of summer and fall stocking up on clearance items for spring!!

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their patios this summer!  Happy BBQing!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to read your sweet comments!