Pages

Dead Air

Friday, June 29, 2012

I am sorry for the dead air on my blog lately...there has been a lot of craziness surrounding my life at the moment.

First, my cousin-in-law was killed in a hit and run, my other cousin-in-law was diagnosed with cancer, then my best friend's dad died in a freak accident and then after getting home from his funeral I found out that an old friend from highschool died as well this week. 

It all reminds me how short life really is and how life can change on a dime. 

Sometimes I wonder why on earth I write a blog...I mean does it really matter? 

Does it matter that I tried a new type of paint or that I found the perfect fabric for my new chair?  It all seems so trivial and self-centered. 

I have sat down several times in the last week to write a post and I am just blank...

I have furniture in my garage, ready for me to tackle, and I am just blank...

I have toyed with giving up my blog completely, not because I don't enjoy it, but because I feel it isn't where I should be spending my time.

One of my biggest fears in starting a blog was that people would think I was starting blogging to get attention and show off my crazy, amazing, talented design skills ;-)


If you have been following for any period of time, you deifnitely know that isn't the truth! 

In thinking about all of this lately I realized how much I have missed blogging and creating.

Home decor or any other hobby isn't a waste of time, it's a stress reliever and good for the soul.  DIY projects have become my thing, I never expected it and I definitely didn't possess a natural talent for it, but I am addicted! 

While God, my family, my friends and my work are the most important, somehow without tackling a new project I don't feel quite whole...

I mean who doesn't feel good about a great ugly duckly to beautiful swan project?


via



via

So today I am happy to say that I am back and I feel refreshed and excited to start creating and sharing again!  I even bought some paint and fabric today ;-) 



3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Wow, that WAS a bad week. I'm sorry for all your losses. {{{hugs}}}

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I'm glad you're back and I'm sorry you've had such a rough go. I think crafting and blogging are great stress relief therapy and it sounds like you came to that realization too! You do some awesome projects! Maybe you could make some things for the people in your life who have had some recent sadness....then it's win/win!

Sam I Am...... said...

I'm so sorry you've had such loss in your life lately. I wonder the same thing about blogging but it makes me feel validated and everyone should feel that way. I go for weeks alone and I like living alone but the blogs allow me to hang around people with similar interests and to "get out there"! It's better than watching mindless t.v. or the negative news programs not that I don't want to stay informed. Anyway, I enjoy your blog although it has been a busy Spring for me and I haven't been on here as much as I'd like to be but I'm getting stuff done around the old homestead here so that's good. You're very inspiring in your projects and your enthusiasm. You'll never know the positive impact you've had on others but I know you've had one on me. Take care sweetie!

Post a Comment

It makes my day to read your sweet comments!