Pages

The Heart of Christmas

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I can't believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving!  I hope you all have a great time and eat way too much!

With the Holidays around the corner I have really been pondering something...

In our house we always give gifts to celebrate the gift we have been given in Christ Jesus, but with your kids it is hard to draw the line between gift giving and spoiling.

With our oldest turning 4 this past summer there seems to be one change that has taken place and it is not a good one!  She is like the typical American child who feels that she deserves to get everything she wants when she wants it.  Obviously this is completely normal behavior, but as a mom it is my job to raise her in a way so that she grows up to be a generous, loving and appreciative girl. 



Charlee - Christmas 2009
  With the Holidays approaching my husband and I have really been trying to think of ways that we can go out of our way to help others in need and show our children what Christmas is truly about. 

Here are some wonderful Christmas ideas that I wanted to share with all of you.

Hallelujah Toffee - This is seriously the best Toffee I have ever tasted, and I am not only saying that because my cousin and my sweet Aunt make it ;-)

The amazing part is this year they are donating 100% - YES YOU HEARD ME CORRECTLY {100%} of their proceeds to One Life Africa


This is a fabulous way to enjoy or give the gift of toffee, while knowing that ALL your proceeds go to help these children in need.

Operation Christmas Child - This is a ministry run through Samaritan's Purse that is so simple in nature, yet has a big impact on a child's life.  It is a simple shoe box filled with anything from hygiene items and school supplies to toys.  Many of these children have never received a Christmas present, let alone a new toothbrush or pencil.  The most important part of this gift is that it allows the love of Christ to spread to all different nations.



via
  There are drop off locations in many different states and you can even build a box online.  The thing that is so wonderful about this ministry is that you can really involve your children by allowing them to help you pick out items and pack the box.

Restore Innocence - You may have read my earlier post about my hutch makeover in which all proceeds will be going to Restore Innocence...they are a fabulous non profit that one of my childhood friends founded to help victims of sex trafficking.  Not only could you choose to support the ministry financially, but they have some adorable products for sale...




I own the bag and the hat and I LOVE them!  They are so cute in person.  The ring is brand new and I must have it ;-)  I can splurge on myself give someone a beautiful gift and know that I am helping a great cause.

I would love to hear any ideas that you all have to spread the love on Christmas :-))

1 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hi, Brooke

Happy Thanksgiving!

Vanessa

Post a Comment

It makes my day to read your sweet comments!